Monday, December 3, 2007

my first time DJing in front of people!



You can download the set in mp3 format here. I actually chopped the set up into 15 individual tracks this time, too, as opposed to the set being one long mp3 file.

minceyfresh - 2007 12/01 - live @ jacked up (I originally thought that this event was called Seaside Renegade, but it turns out that it was called Jacked Up.)

  1. krafty kuts & tim deluxe - bass phenomenon
  2. 30hz - fiber optics
  3. 601 - hit that switch (anti-science mix)
  4. hybrid - sleepwalking (future funk squad's worst nightmare remix)
  5. hyper - no rockstars
  6. hook n sling & kid kenobi - the bump (tonite only remix)
  7. the crystal method - trip like i do (tom real vs. the rogue element remix)
  8. freestylers feat. corrina greyson - in love with you (rogue element remix)
  9. general midi - f.u.n.k.
  10. boom jinx - manipulator
  11. lange vs. gareth emery - back on track (gareth emery's back on breaks mix)
  12. kultur - street knowledge (stefan anion's bookworm remix)
  13. cirez d - mouseville theme
  14. public enemy vs. ferry corsten - bring the noise (ferry corsten extended remix)
  15. pavliga - horizon (pavliga's summer breaks mix)

So yep! The day actually went quite well. I got there while Tyler, Brandon, and a few others were setting up, and the weather was surprisingly clear (it had rained that morning in Marina). Myles, Joe, Nick, and Kelley were the some of the first ones who arrived, and it was actually a pleasant (I almost wrote 'present.' haha) surprise to see them all there.

DSCF6188 DSCF6184

DSCF6195 DSCF6196

Once all of the equipment was plugged in and generator was up and running, I got to start things off with the first set of the evening. The sun was just beginning to set, too!
I thought that I would've been waaay more nervous, but I guess I kept my calm due to the fact that everyone there when I began the set were friends of mine.

OH HOW I'VE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS MOMENT...
To be standing behind some decks, blasting music that I love and seeing people enjoying it; for a while, I seriously started to secretly think that I'd never see this day.

DSCF6199 DSCF6200

DSCF6201 DSCF6207

I was pretty happy with how my set went. I was able to avert some pretty close disasters in my headphones before they hit the speakers. I must say, I now have a new respect for producers who put loooooong outros in their tracks.

Tyler was up next after me, and then Mike after him, and they both played some amazing sets. A ton of people showed up later with firewood, pizza, and drinks.

DSCF6230 DSCF6236

DSCF6248 DSCF6263

DSCF6266 DSCF6267

DSCF6268 DSCF6269

DSCF6271 DSCF6272

DSCF6276 DSCF6285

I really wish I could've seen everyone else spin that night... Well, I'm sure this won't be the last party like this, so hopefully I'll be able to stay for the whole thing next time. Since I had to work that night, I had to leave towards the end of Mike's set (though I was pretty amped the whole night at the job even though I hadn't gotten much sleep that day). I'm so grateful to Brandon and Tyler for inviting me to spin that day... It definitely gave me tons of confidence, and I can't wait til the next time I can do this!

I think I might be spinning again this Wednesday night on Tyler & Mike's radio shows on the campus' radio "station." Since they have back-to-back shows, I'm thinking of spinning for the last 20 minutes of Tyler's show and the first 20 minutes of Mike's to make a quick lil 40 minute mix.

No comments: