Sunday, September 7, 2008

i don't browse Threadless very often, but...



... I just came across this tshirt while clicking around teh Internets and was devastated to find out that it was sold out! I'm not quite sure how Threadless works, but I believe users have to vote for it to be reprinted or something... Is that how it works?

this was supposed to be the future

The tshirt reads:

they lied to us

this was supposed to be the future

where is my jetpack,
where is my robotic companion,
where is my dinner in pill form,
where is my hydrogen fueled automobile,
where is my nuclear-powered levitating house,

where is my cure for this disease

Although the text is pretty effing awesome (are these lyrics or something?), it was the grid-like, techy layout of the text and lines that really caught my attention. It sort of reminds me of a tshirt I'd come across in Japan... Come to think of it, the last time I had tshirts with this much text (albeit Engrish filled) was when I actually lived in Japan.

Remix SCRATCH introlude front

2003.10.05 BY STREET IN EXACTLY THE STURDY OF FOREST MAKE STRENU IN EFFORS

Getting back to the Threadless tshirt (which was designed by a freelance graphic designer named John Slabyk), it looks like there is at least an 18'' x 24'' art print still available... I suppose I could hang it up on my wall or something.

If Threadless always has tshirt/hoodie designs this awesome, I'm really going to have to make it a point to browse them more often!

No comments: