Thursday, June 25, 2009

r.i.p, mr. jackson [] my most memorable mj moment

So I log into Facebook after taking a nap this afternoon (had to catch up on some sleep after a friend's 21st birthday), and this is what I come across:

michael jackson facebook


I then log into my Twitter, and yep, it's no different:

michael jackson twitter

I just heard about Farrah Fawcett dying on CNN earlier today *before* the nap, and now Michael Jackson??? Crazy...

So what was your most memorable MJ moment? One of mine was when I was about five or six years old... My family just received a package from the U.S. with all sorts of goodies, including a VHS tape filled with recordings all sorts of sitcoms, cartoons, and music videos that we couldn't see on AFN (we were stationed at the time in Pattonville, a U.S. Army base in Stuttgart, Germany).

One of the videos (which was more of a short film) was this brand new Michael Jackson song called Thriller. I had never seen any horror movies up to this point, so *hoooly crap* that Werewolf scene scared the bejesus outta me. I thought it was all over, and then, a few minutes later, ZOMGWTF ZOMBIES!!! And that narrator's voice! *shudder* Scary overload for a six-year-old!

Luckily, The Jackson 5's Can You Feel It was also recorded and included somewhere else in the tape, so that made things better and made me forget about the horror that was Thriller. ^^

Well, you will be missed, Mr. Jackson. I hope that people remember you for your greatness, and nothing more.

Aaaanywho, I need to get going... Sorry btw about not having my mix up yet! I was super sick these past few days (imagine trying some banging trance & breakbeat with a headache)... (>_<)

No comments: